Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday...

DADDY-O


Today is my dad's 61st Birthday... We were suppose to have a big family dinner with him, but he has been really sick all weekend with a bad sore throat, and didn't want any of his grandkids to get sick. SO he spent the day in bed :( while my mom took care of him... We were told not to visit, but I couldn't just NOT go say hello, so Gentry and I went over there but he wouldn't even let me get close to him. He's so stubborn ;)
It kind of broke my heart to see him so sick... But I'm sure it's just something that's goin around..
My dad is so incredible.
He truly is the most selfless person I have and will ever meet. He's always thinking of everyone else before himself... He has the biggest heart of gold, and cares so much for his family, and for EVERYone around him.
I remember when I was little.. I use to take the bus every day to school. Our neighborhood bus stop was just down the street, but I INSISTED that he had to drop me off on his way to work every morning! Since my mom left for work so early most mornings, he would have to make sure I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and ate my breakfast.... which I never wanted to do. SO being the tricky one that I am, I would pick a fight with my dad at least once a week, and insist that I was not going to eat my toast. JUST because I knew that my dad, being the softy that he was would then say... "Ok ok.. Mcdonalds or Burger King?" :) He SPOILED me... :/ We continued our McDonalds/Burger King runs even through my High School days, and even again while we worked together at Rastar.. Oh what I would give to go back to those times together. 
 I have THEE best dad ever...
Happy Birthday Daddy-o :) I sure love you lots and LOTS

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad..he had to spend his birthday sick. You look so much like him! So cute

    ReplyDelete